Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Interesting things about Kilungu Hills

One interesting thing here in Kilungu is that almost nobody has electricity wired to their house, I have seen quite a few houses that have solar panels on top.  Inside they usually have a big car battery or something like that so they can power a light bulb at night or charge their cell phones, etc.  I find it funny, it's not what I pictured of Africa.  

Something else cool is that on my way back to Kilungu from Nairobi I saw some wild wildabeast!  it was pretty cool,  Then that same day we saw 2 wild monkeys running across the street.  They were big ones!  I definitely would not want to make one of them mad, they looked like they could be mean.  I think they are called black faced monkeys,  that is what a member told us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment